Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Short term bottom targets

UPDATE: Covered shorts, going long

Back on March 1st, in post "Whats next in the markets" I asserted we have a target of SPX 2590-2500 range as shown on the graph below.  The futures show SPX 2600.  We may be finally near a short term bottom.  The bounce once started and will be broken (week, month, quarter?)  I expect the market to cut through the downtrend and find stronger footing XPS 2250-1900 range.  Timelines are subject to FED, government, and bank actions.  A TERMINATING bottom, meaning if we hit this, I'll start to freak out, is materially through SPX 1600.  If that breaks in the next year materially, I will need to reassess.  I do think the 'absolute bottom' is now SPX 1600, as posted in 'how do you know there is a trend change?'

Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment