Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

COVID-19 updated statistics

I looked at latest COVID-19 statistics to understand our current trends.

The good news is, USA to Death ratio is currently lower than the world.
The bad news is, the number of infected has accelerated dramatically.
But this is to be expected.  In January when President Trump was very gracious in supporting China's efforts, we in the USA didn't act quickly.  Now with tests finally deploying late in the game, we are seeing numbers rise.

I adjusted the death rate to match the stats, but I think this rate is very optimistic.
I also think the infection rate will slow down dramatically in three weeks, when USA 'stay at home' efforts help and large scale testing identifies the sick.

The new expected death rate this season is extremely rosy optimistic at 100,000 cases
What I am expecting now is 1-3 million in 2020.  If the death rate hits 3.4%, we are targeting upwards of 8 million.

If we hit 3 million, 1 out of every 100 people you know will pass. If 8 million 1 out of 38.  Staggering.
I am getting pessimistic on the market.


Good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=791&v=On1hWBn3Ofg&feature=emb_logo

No comments:

Post a Comment