Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Interesting Chart Today

I have been leaning more heavily on charting recently, as I believe we maybe at a top.  It is also possible this is just a pullback with a market ready to explode higher.

To try to navigate the emotions "buy it all" and "sell it all", I am trying to use charting to help.

Its partially helpful.

But today I want to share with you a chart that has emerged, it is quite insane on how that charting demonstrated the market hitting chart resistance.

I bring you two charts of the S&P 500, the first is back to March of last year to today.

Notice the red line in the upper right hand corner trending down.  I drew that line a week or so ago using price action to show the resistance since Feb 12th.  The second chart, shows TODAYS price action and I did NOT touch the red line, it showed the actual resistance the chart showed.

In the days ahead if we can break through on a CLOSING basis above the red line is bullish.  And if we can go above Feb 12th high, we will be in a full all out bull market.

For now, appreciate todays price action, and how the market hit a 'glass ceiling' giving way on the close.  The magic SPX number I have stated to friends is 3897, and yes, we closed below it.

I put my shorts back on, and I am prepared for a rejection, but quick to end my shorts if we close above that red line. My bear market will be confirmed somewhat with a close below SPX 3721, first level of support is 3693.  I think there is a good chance we will finally get a counter rally there.  This may then fail, with a target of 3250.  If we hit that, I will need to reassess the bottom target.


The last 5 days price action, quite amazing today!



No comments:

Post a Comment