Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Buying Bonds

 Although I have traded since 1999, and owned stocks for over 30 years, today I bought in bulk Federal Bonds, specifically 7 year and longer dated 20 year bonds.

Why?  If the market falls, I expect people flooding to bonds for protection.  Yields should plummet to potentially negative territory.   I will sell these bonds if this happens.

Federal bonds yield 10x leverage, so you can buy 400K federal bonds with as little as 40k!The result will be if I am right, there is a multiplier effect that will happen.

I sold off all my extra crypto, reduced my gold miner positions, leveraged up my short positions.
I may sell the rest of my positions and buy more bonds and go into cash.

After hours the S&P 500 broke to the DOWNSIDE.  Although it isn't official a bear until we break a bit lower.

A break below 3787 is really bad for the S&P 500.  A close below that I believe we have begun a multi month, if not multi-year bear.  All assets will go down EXCEPT bonds, which should appreciate as people run to bonds.


Good luck!




Some chart analysis 

No comments:

Post a Comment