Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Evolving Financial Distress or Recovery?

If you read my blog regularly, you'll know my answer to the title of this blog entry.

Today the DOW plummeted over 372 points, which is about an even of a wash as you can get with Friday's "surprise" gains. There are various reasons why the market melted, the primary reason I still believe is for market makers to settle their option trades from Saturday in a favorable way.

In any event, root cause doesn't matter, the last 6 business days have been as volatile as you can get. Some interesting news developments:

We'll see what the next few weeks holds. Please take care of your financies, be prepared, and don't dive into stocks because they are "cheap". The can always get cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment