Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reflections on the market

What can I say, it is Wednesday and the markets haven't moved lower. Therefore it is time to re-evaluate. I am maintaining my short positions, but being protective of out-of-control positions.

Gold miners are doing good, DRI, BBY, BWLD, EAT, DIN, and CAKE are doing good as shorts in a short term bull market.
BAP, AAPL, DECK, WYNN, TZA, FAZ, and to a lesser degree SRS are all debacles.
I am tending these positions by lightening positions when seems appropriate, but I want to keep them for a pullback on such a short term rally that we had last week.

Problem is, this is now a position of weakness, not strength, and "hoping" for a pullback is not exactly a great position to be in. I have one thing going for the short arguement. Everyone is now on board the bull bandwagon, that the markets will rise. The big money makes it's profits by doing the opposite of the herd. But timing that is impossible. Best play since October 2008 has been and will remain gold miners.
From WebSurfinMurf's Financial Blog

From WebSurfinMurf's Financial Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment