Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Friday, May 5, 2023

Inching closer to deflationary event

We are inching closer to a more material market decline.

I am still mildly hopeful that its weeks or months away, but it could be days.
The reason for my optimism is across the world, as bad as we see it in US with layoffs and banking failures, other countries are dealing with their own issues.
As the global reserve currency, it gives us strength to deal with challenges.

I suspect for USA the catalyst will the government spending less due to debt ceiling.  This should accelerate liquidity issues.

China is in a free fall AFTER they opened their economy.  Companies across the world are exiting China as fast as they can.
It will be interesting to see how CCP will deal with their economy implosion.
Assuming they survive, it doesn't look good for them as their demographics is a disaster.

To learn about China's current debacle of an economy, here is one of many videos I have watched.

NOTE: the only safe place for money now is US "1 year" treasury bonds.  Even if USA defaults, I suspect all payments will be made whole.

I don't advise any bond over 2 year, as I do think we will have odd market action into a global decline.

Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment