Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The jump the shark moment?

The Federal Reserve bank just froze bank reserves within Russia.  This step has been taken before from what I read in WW2.  We are dancing on the edge of something big in the USD financial system.  Dare I say that the cascading consequences of asset devaluation in Russia, and counter party risk, plus assets unable to pay debts, we are lighting a fuse.

I know the US must take such steps to discourage Russia from aggression.  Ukraine is paying the highest price right now, but the world may also suffer with economic consequences.  I still think the market rebounds to form a mega right shoulder, but it wouldn't surprise me if the market throws in the towel from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment