Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Fickle Friday

Quick entry today.

Obama administration is setting the market up for some pretty high expectations.
Next week they plan to announce a "menu" of changes to help the banks and the economy (click).
Once again, the market teeters on total fiscal disaster. The next couple of weeks will be interesting.
I will lighten my positions that are of highest risk for next week. I'll be selling 50% of my TBT tomorrow. The Treasury notes have moved substantially recently, and they could move much more.
Leading into the announcements, if FAS goes up a bit, say 15 buck range, I will lighten up the positions a little.
My fear is the expectations aren't met, and the market all-out collapse I thought would happen 2nd half of 2009 happens soon.

In any event GDX has always, been a ROCK. If I just played GDX the last 3 weeks, I'd be much better off financially. For those who are true gamblers, buying FAS between 10 and 8, may have a double or triple in the next few weeks, if the Obama plan give financials a big boost.
(image source)

No comments:

Post a Comment