Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Monday, August 1, 2011

This Week in Charts

Day late dollar short. I am still very busy with work, but will try to keep up the chart thing.

Big changes recently. Congress agreed to not increase spending. They call it cuts. I call it BS. Granted, it may be a step in the right direction. But I suspect this agreement won't have teeth and washington will revert to it's old ways.

Time will tell.

The republicans want to stop spending NOT because it's wasteful. Far from it! The republicans have run up more government debt than democrats hands down until Obama came along.

They want to choke the economy - just enough - to do a nice pile on Obama next year.
While I do think cutting spending in military and other areas of waste. I fear, and expect the FIRST thing to get cut is the poorest of the poor, weakest of the weak programs.

That is very unfortunate, for thats probably the ONLY services the government should have aside from minimal defense spending!

Oh well, back to the charts. I don't like what I see, and I am getting nervous. I think I'll be hitting out of positions tomorrow, atleast lighten up. I am torn on Gold, maybe parabolic rally time.

Surprisingly, Bond rates are going down, not up. And I do expect the dollar to firm up, possibly for the next year! My friend John Chinnock has been saying that forever.....I think we may finally be there.

Good luck, to the charts!

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

No comments:

Post a Comment