Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks to all readers and bloggers

I have been blogging since August 2008, when I was inspired to use a blog as an outlet for my rantings of the financial situation I was following since August 2006.

Over the years, this blog has helped me articulate my own thoughts, during the process of creating articles. It also helps keep me honest about what I thought and when. It provides me a way to reflect and learn from my mistakes.

Frankly, 99.5% of my knowledge is owed to the internet, for without it, I would rarely get any meaningful information from the mass media. Of special thanks are the bloggers I place in highest regard. Mish is by far the best, with his general dissection of nearly everything. Karl of the Market Ticker is tirelessly tilting at windmills, trying to make a difference. Zero Hedge for groundbreaking news, Gary of the Smart Money Tracker for his insight into precious metals in this time of uncertainty, to the Slope of Hope for his charting pontifications, for John Hussman for his posts, and finally the Chart Store for providing the wide view when so many focus on the narrow view.

There are literally about 100 more people and sources I depend upon to get snippets of information, from podcasts, hedge fund managers, money managers, too many to list. Most of the information is through the internet. The top important ones I list on the right hand side of this blog, and under my new reader link at the top.

I am of course thankful for those who take the time to read this blog, I hope I have had a positive effect on you. At a minimum I hope I have inspired you to question and think about the events as they unfold.

I started tracking blog visits on September 4th, 2008, and have a summary of the statistics through November 24th, 2010.

Over 33,000 visits from 8,514 unique visitors in 99 countries (why couldn't it have there been 1 more?). Gary of Smart Money Tracker blog has directed 13% of total visitors to this blog.

I use Google Analytics, below is the stats.

Special thanks to Happy John, for that ill fated discussion in August 2006, that turned the light on in my head for the financial depression ahead.

Special thanks to my wife, who endures this old lunatic typing away, ranting about financial world apocalypse, and giving me a such a positive life.

Happy Thanks Giving

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

No comments:

Post a Comment