Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Monday, June 7, 2010

This Week in Charts

Once again I am pulling back the charts to a much longer view. I have also marked the significant valuation swings of S&P 500, Gold, and the US treasury 10 year yield.

Purpose? Try to gain perspective of what has been a safe bet since 2006 to today, and volatility of each. Notice the S&P 500 went up 83% from the market low in March 2009 in just 13 months, while gold game in close second with +85% in 19 months.

What does all this tell you? Well it says to me that gold has been safest in the scheme of things, and the S&P 500 has been very volatile. And US rates are still suppressed. This continues to re-enforce we are in a deflationary collapse, not inflationary.

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

No comments:

Post a Comment