Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Short week with OPEX

Saturday is options expiration once again, and we are in a short trading week. While I do believe the markets are going to head much lower, I can't but help but think......what if they don't go much lower.

This blog has covered 100's of reasons why the market is sick, and is not destined to explode higher. But I can't take the chance of being 100% wrong on this one. So I am starting, to buy 100 here and there, probably weekly, various natural resource stocks in gold and some ETF's. Gary of the Smart Money tracker is getting my ear, I think he is wrong on the timing. But I know its harder to get in AFTER something jumps up. So I need to get in a little now.

I am still shorting, but a break above SPX 1150 tells me I am wrong, a break below SPX 1050 is a confirmation we are going lower. I know thats a pretty silly statement but you need to set points to reflect ahead of the move. Otherwise you get in a rut of watching...and praying....for the market to do something different.

For now, I suspect the markets have more upside, possibly SPX 1,110, enough to get the bulls salivating for new highs. But I think the market won't get there. I lightened on some shorts, trying to play it slow.

So we'll see what this week brings us, and I am very curious about how we end Friday. if Friday ends on an upswing, I may take a shot at adding to shorts for the Monday open.

If Greece is allowed to fail that could tilt things, but I susepct the countries will bankrupt themselves trying to avoid market crashing....therefore ensuring later bonds crashing.

My god, I need a new hobby. Chess anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment