Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The US Market Charts in the BIG picture

Today, I have two grand market valuations to look at over the century.  One is S&P 500 in terms of it's valuation RELATIVE to gold valuation. (in essence, if we used gold as money)   The second is the S&P 500 since 1870 to today.
Regular readers know I do not believe gold is money.  But it does serve as a relative valuation to judge how fiat currencies are valued relative to non-fiat valuation.  I would rather have chart of the US market in relative terms to all commodities (averaged).  In absence of that, the gold chart will do.

The charts deliver one message to me.  In relative or non-relative terms, from a charting perspective, the markets are headed don to 700 range....AGAIN.  This is using historical trends projected into the future.  I DO NOT think this is a required outcome.  Man can change laws, and change "Relative valuations" but doing things such as breaking currencies.  Then the charts are meaningless.

To the charts!

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2



From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2


No comments:

Post a Comment