Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Market declining since 2000

Once of my rants has been that since 2000, under Mr. Bush, the market was inflated by low interest rates and in essence "printing money". The market according to conventional wisdom rose between 2001 through 2007.

I ran across a very interesting graph which shows the S & P 500 adjusted to the valuation of gold. Gold is considered the "alternate" currency as compared to fiat currencies. If you subscribe to gold as a more "absolute" value of wealth, then the S & P 500 has been on a DECLINE since 2000.

This clearly illustrates that charting in terms of US Dollars is not an absolute valuation of wealth in the world sense. There is different perspectives of what something is worth.

See graph below, I lifted this from xTrends blog.
From WebSurfinMurf's Financial Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment