Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Short plays

This market is getting a little nutz and bullish, time to short stocks, again.
We have entered into the surreal, and reality will come back.
I posted on the 16th, some shorting ideas, and my friend Happy John has added some more ideas.
The new ones are really something to be amazed at. I wish I had 10x more cash so I could short the living heck out of these things.

In any event, lets update my grid, with the new plays, and below that some charts.
You can follow the history of this post chain for past and future posts by clicking here.
Also, pay for BullzAndBearz for shorting/long advice, he has many of these stocks mentioned, as well as others. He provides more detailed analysis, including stops to limit losses if wrong.

on my TWITTER on the 24th I tweeted i shorted DRI, for tracking purposes and easier grid, I put the value under the first column. Yes, I just blogged the phrase "I tweeted".
ALL of these stock plays assume you short the stock.
































Stock 4/16/9 4/29/09 Percent Gain
AAPL 121.45
125.14
-3%
BAP 50.01 49.77 0.5%
BBY 38.5337.53
2.5%
EAT 18.7817.15 8.4%
DEE 82.72
86.39
-4.44%
DECK 62.33 57.30
8%
WYNN 33.4738.16
-14%
new entries 4-24-09----- ----
DRI
39.66
36.76
7.31%
DIN









30.09
%
CAKE









17.65
%
BWLD









40.60
%


I did a very small play of AAPL and DEE. I am dropping DEE from this chart for the future reference. It was an odd play that may pay off, but I just don't like it.

WYNN however has kicked my ass royally, and I'm holding on for now.

DIN, CAKE, and BWLD charts below. They are......unbelievable, especially BWLD. I am short none of these but I am looking to start getting into them ASAP. I may sell some resource longs to free up funds to get short.

In any event, shorting isn't for the faint of heart, but these plays look great, and patience is key. these stocks could run around for couple of weeks then collapse hard over night. So you gotta be in it ahead of time to win it. If you want lower risk of amount of loss if wrong, buy option puts.

From WebSurfinMurf's Financial Blog

From WebSurfinMurf's Financial Blog

From WebSurfinMurf's Financial Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment