Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Questions to ask your Financial Advisor

I don't have a financial advisor. I am NOT one either.
However, I realize why most have one, it takes WAY too much time to read up on finance and keep current.

With the downturn, I have talked to people who have financial advisors, and often the response I get for their plan confused me, and questioned the value add.

A blog posted questions for your financial avisor. I particularly liked these two questions:

4. Did your adviser change his strategy as economic and financial events changed? If he didn't, why not?

6. Ask your adviser whether he "eats is own cooking" -- that is, did he invest along with you in the same investments, and are both of your interests aligned?

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2008/08/questions-for-y.html

While at it, read these 10 rules of investing and use them as discussion points to see how your advisor aligns with these rules. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment