Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Global Financial Meltdown In Two To Three Weeks

Not sure if the title of this post has any merit.  An adviser to the International Monetary Fund said it.  Does that give it more weight?  Remember, his focus is Europe, and I do agree Europe is in a old-school Great Depression, deflationary collapse.  And I do agree the next crisis is waaaaaay worse than 2008, and its going to happen in the next 12 months.    You decide if the video makes a compelling argument the next "3 weeks".

The video references Credit Default Swaps, which was the underpinning to a possible global collapse in 2008.  Here we are in 2011, with no transparency, and no significant improvement on unregulated CDS, which exceed total global GDP in liability.  Apparently there is only one way to fix this mess, and that is after a collapse.  We had 3 years to reform CDS, and we didn't.  WE will, when its forced.

My greatest short-coming in all of this is lack of understanding how people when faced with apparent obvious issues refuse to address them.  The European union I recognized over a year ago starting to fall apart, and no significant progress to address was done.  Same with CDS, this was an obvious issue back in 2008.

I hesitate to put timelines on such historic events, but I did quote it was time for this to begin in June 15th post "Three strikes, time for global economic implosion".






No comments:

Post a Comment