Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

1,000th Blog Post

Holly heck! I have reached my 1,000 th blogpost in WebSurfinMurf.blogspot.com, 999 days after the first post August 14th, 2008. Seemed like I averaged more than 1 a day over that period...well I guess technically I did!

When I started this blog in 2008, it was in frustration that I could not communicate the serious financial situation the US and the world was facing. Instead of ranting like a raged lunatic to every person I met, I figured best to find a more constructive outlet.

And in August 14 2008, this blog was born with first post titled "Welcome to my new blog".

Even though I work in IT, I hadn't done any social media until that day. Also, being a computer guy, I am not the best at writing. This should be painfully obvious by reading my first 12 posts compared to more recent posts.

I have found this blog to provide many benefits, including
  • A way to vent, keep my pontifications in person to a much lower volume
  • Improved my writing skills
  • Provided a way to "keep me honest". I see too many people in this realm of market pontifications and global economics who skew facts to fit their current view. This blog keeps an honest account of my thoughts.
  • Useful for myself , like a diary, to reflect back and use for current view / analysis
  • Learned additional technical skills, if only marginally, by exploring various web tools and widgets.
  • I hope it has provided some insight to those who read it, to help them prepare for what is to come, if only in a small way.
  • Kept me focused at the awaking of what we face back in 2006 and continues to unfold in what will be a decade long ordeal. (2006 to 2016?)
I am sure I can figure out quite a few more benefits. But I hope those who do read this blog find some value out of it, as I do.

I don't want to hit 2,000 posts, I really do want to cut down my posting to once a week, but I haven't yet settled my mind into the key markers I want to strictly observe.

I find it ironic that the market is higher than when I started this blog. I continue to be concerned over the world economics as I did back then. After 1,000 posts, my best post, most comprehensive to date of my view is "Why Natural Resource assets is better investment than US Bonds"

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment