Welcome new reader!

Financial news I consider important, with my opinion, which is worth as much as you paid for it.

Monday, January 18, 2010

This week in Charts

My last post is about how Elliot Wave Chartists are calling for a "Catastrophic wave c", downturn in the markets. For this week in charts, I went a little nutz and created a bunch of graphs, some long term view, others since march 2009. Purpose is to help me and readers put current situation in context of history.
NOTE: The wave C that is being called for is clearly NOT CONFIRMED according to the charts below.

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

From WebSufinMurfs FinancialBlog2

2 comments:

  1. I've got to say that anyone who thinks we are going to have another collapse doesn't have any concept of just exactly how much money has been printed. When Roosevelt devalued the dollar like this in the 30's the market went straight up just like it's done now with only very minor pullbacks until 37.

    I doubt we will make it another 4 years but I also really doubt we are going to see any meaningful declines in the near future. Probably the best we can look for would be -10%.

    The last bull didn't end until it was obvious we were going to have major problems in the real estate markets and even then we made one more trip back up to nominal new highs before everything came crashing down.

    We certainly don't have a catalyst right now for anything other than a minor profit taking hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary, there is a little voice that keeps telling me your the only one to follow, but these chartists got me hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete